Sunday, February 22, 2015

now let us rejoice 

The miracle of the week, for me, was being able to experience/see how great God is. Through this city, the people here & the miracles that came every day. We meet hundreds of people every week on the streets, trains, shops etc. Just in the past week or so I have met someone from...

Vietnam   Taiwan  India   Mexico   Japan   Italy   Korea   USA   Indonesia   Cheltenhan   Canada   Philippines   Germany   Hong Kong   New Zealand   Mal Dova   Malaysia   Iran   Srilanka   Palestine   Ethiopia   Tonga   China   Thailand   Ghana   Samoa   Bali   Spain   England   Tahiti   France   Sudan   Burma   Tanzania  Indonesia Figi Afganistan Iran 

and thats just this week...because of this I've been learning new languages. I can say hello in about 15 new languages now. Watch out!

My 20th bday was gr8. Sister Gibby & Lee came to the city to celebrate. We went to Eureka tower (sky deck) that overlooks all of Melbourne it was so cool/beautiful. I got to have my bday cupcakes 88 stories up. On top of the world! (actually on the bottom)

More great news from that day, Elders Shum/Chik (Chinese ZL's) gave me a Chinese name! I would write it in characters but you wouldn't be able to type it so here it is, ha jie mei. Now every time I meet a Chinese person I hit them with a few Chinese words I know and my Chinese name, I'm nearly fluent.

It was a fantastic birthday

On Wednesday we had zone conference. Its definitely different up here than in Tas. There were double the people and nobody was rushing to finish to catch a flight. I loved it though! Learnt so much and felt spiritually hydrated which I needed. We got a killer islander feed! Food is what I think about 65% of the time. Then apparently they wanted me to do a training..but nobody told me...I was gonna wing it but they ended up changing it. Next time, stay tuned.

Then me & Sister Maxwell had matching planners. In the words of Sister Maxwell "twinsies". (dying.) 

So many good things happened this week, I love this place! I've been trying so hard to follow the spirit when I GQ. There are SO many people and I want to stop the right ones. I talk to as many as I can but its good to have direction. Well I asked for help & then talked to a man from Italy. I invited him to the branch for a chapel tour right there and he was happy to come! He is trying to bring his family over & is just working @ the moment. We gave him a tour, introduced him to our friends @ the branch and he is now reading the BofM in Italian and coming to "Meet the Mormons" w/ us tomorrow. :) Also teaching us Italian, he's from Milan.

This week was the start of Chinese New Year so its been a big celebration here in the city. China town is right behind the branch and its so loud!

Saturday was a big day. We got to go to the sealing of a family in our branch. The mom got baptized this time last year. It was so sweet (and my 1st time inside the temple my whole mission). It was the 21st of Feb which is actually my 9 month mark! The AP's gave me permission to stay and do a session as well! I loved it. Then we went to a baptism for the city elders and then went to the branch for the Lunar New Year party! Vietnamese/Chinese party full of Asian people and Asian food. It was the BEST. We also got  new car because the one they gave us didn't charge the GPS. So overall it was a stellar day, a great halfway mark. :)

Sunday I got to speak in church and being the procrastinator that I am I wrote it that morning. Church was good as ever, I felt my Saviors love! Then went to a baptism in the Chinese zone (all in Chinese), at least I understood 1 or 2 words..ye sú jé dú. (Jesus Christ) and it was wonderful. 

My scripture for the week, Alma 26:12. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Send me love. (mail)
xxx
Sister Hatch-back

At the baptism we went to a real chapel and sang grandpa Jacks favorite song and for the 1st time I was genuinely homesick for Launceston, I miss my Tassie family :) love all you people down there. xx








No comments:

Post a Comment