Monday, February 16, 2015

it's sister hatch & sister albania your melbourne city sisters!! 

It's been a crazy week of up and downs! I started off w/ finding out that I'd be leaving the promised land of Tas. I felt like I'd be leaving so finding out wasn't surprising! Still really sad though. Sunday I said goodbye to my Launie family for now and got to pack up 8 1/2 months worth of stuff into 2 bags. I had to leave heapssss.

We went to the airport Mon morning to fly to Melbourne, half our district left so everyone was there. Our Elder CT was leaving home so a few of the elders did a haka for him in the airport. Those are the most powerful things and the spirit was insane! I'll try to send the video. :) It was sad to say goodbye to the other missionaries, we've all become like family. Launie outlaws 4 life.

There weren't many tears until I had to say goodbye to my baby, Sister P! Also when the plane left the tarmac...it made me flash back to when I was a baby golden flying into Launie airport for the 1st time, so lost and confused, excited and overwhelmed. I had no idea that place, those people, would have so much influence on my mission and life. I felt like I was leaving my home! I know I'll be back to visit in Nov though so I was alright. It wasn't goodbye, just see ya when I do. :)

On the plane I had a cool experience though! I sat next to a young woman who had her cute little baby. We talked the whole flight, a lot about the gospel and she was happy to give me her details (I was hoping I'd get called to her area) she was awesome.

Ate and Nando's at the airport! It was sooo good, got to the mission office and found all my stuff I left on the mainland when I 1st got here! I forgot about most of it. That night I got to stay w/ the Narre Warren sisters. They have a 2015 corolla with a back up camera but we still have to get out and back the other person out. whateverrr. lol

The next day I got to go to my 1st TRANSFER MEETING. Almost 1/2 way and this was my 1st. It was so good to see everyone! (haha I knew like 10 people out of hundreds) but was reunited w/ my family from when I 1st came out!  I loved being w/ so many missionaries!

The meeting was so good, the whole time we are all dying to know where we'll go, finding out was the best part. My dreams came true! I've wanted to go to the city my whole mission. I've heard all you do there is GQ and nobody feeds you but I've wanted to go so bad and I nearly died when they said my name for Melbourne City! I was/am so stoked. I am also follow-up training sweet Sister A (from Manila Philippines). :) Love her!

After that was the testimonies of departing missionaries which was so good- sad though. I don't ever want to be one leaving! It was okay though because I only really knew 1 or 2 of them. After the meeting we took pictures on pictures and ended up being there until 5-6 pm!  Launie outlaws for life! Already missing my Launie outlaw family.

All the sad stuff went away the second I got into the city the next day. Really I couldn't stop smiling. I've never been more excited! I love the city so much. We went to the branch (our branch is on the 1st floor of an office building in Melbourne) and met all the other missionaries, members etc.

Our week consisted of GQing (golden question-street contacting), GQing and more GQing. We just get to stand/walk the streets of Melbourne Australia and talk to everyone we see! I've met people from every part of the world. I love how multicultural it is here.

When we teach we meet at the branch and have lessons in the classrooms. There are about 26+ missionaries serving in the city @ the moment (all going to 1 of the 2 city branches) so it's a lot of fun seeing so many missionaries all the time.

I LOVE IT HERE! We meet heaps of Chinese people. There is a Chinese branch and I'm around Chinese always so I've decided to start working on my Chinese :) I've learnt lots of words already and use it when GQing. I love the Chinese language, I want to learn it!

Wellll all I have to say is that I'm the most lucky missionary in the world! This is my dream and I couldn't be happier. I love Melbourne! 

Ah I had a bit of Tassie love this week when I got a visit from our sweet recent convert M!! She spared some time out of her posh 1D Melbourne trip to see me :) Also had a lovely Valentines day!

Today I am 20!! So we're going out in the city, partying the only way missionaries can-FOOD and shopping. It'll be the best birthday ever! Send me mail!!

xxx, love
your city sis
Sister Hatch

My new schedule: (1st week of transfer)
6:10 am wake up
6:11 am snooze
6:15 am get outta that bed
6:20 am RUN @ the park
6:40 am still running
7:00 am shower, get ready, eat food, 
8:00 am feed spiritual hunger by feasting on the words of Christ. :)
9:00 am sing and teach each other (comp study)
10:00 am golden/language study. always fun
11:00 am eat good filipino food made by cute Sis Albania (I would starve w/o her)
12:00 pm TRAM into city! (sometimes we get lost)
12:30-3:00 pm branch then GQ! (usually @library or Bourke Street)
3:00 pm lesson or 2
3:30 pm GQ! Avoid scary as homeless people, try not to see inappropriate things, invite          others to come unto Christ
7:45 pm leave city
8:00 pm DINNER @ flat
9:00 pm plan
10:30 sleep zzzz

I'm tired 200% of the time but couldn't be happier.

Questions:

Where are you serving? I am in the CITY. Everyone in the mission is serving in Melbourne but in suburbs, there is only one set of English city sisters and thats us!! I am right in the city with all the traffic and shopping and people!!

Who is your comp and where is she from? My comp is Sister P A from Manila Philippines. :) I am follow up training her. She's a doll.

How do you like public transit? Ya public transit is good! I don't mind at all. I am pretty a adaptable person though all goods

What is the biggest difference between Tassie and the city? The biggest difference is there are so many people, the branch is in an office building, we don't get fed ever, ever  We GQ all day!!! I love the city so much!










No comments:

Post a Comment