Sunday, December 14, 2014

12.7.14 terrific tasmania 

What's happening?

Ah we had the coolest week! I've just been blown away by the miracles and tender mercies I see every single day. I've come to know without a doubt how much God loves us, every single one of us and I've really noticed that looking for the small and simple things that go right in the day makes all the difference. When I look for those things I notice them and when I notice them I am able to know/feel that they came from God because all good comes from Him! And when I realize that, thats when I have my eyes opened to how much He loves me and everyone around me. That He really does have a perfect plan for all of us.

There were so many amazing things in the work that happened this week. We met so many new and awesome people, saw miracle after miracle and tender mercies like crazy. But one thing that really stuck out w/ me that I would like to share actually happened ...well was talked about...today in fast and testimony meeting in Launceston Tamar ward. There's just something about missionary work/experiences shared that brings the spirit so strong, that impresses people in such a special way. Well today LW bore her testimony of missionary experiences and then CR (senior missionary) who just got home from this week from SLC family history mission got up and shared her testimony. Then shared the most amazing story from a personal experience that she had on her mission. CR is a convert to the church (as most people in Tasmania are) about 50 years ago is when she joined. She has now served a mission and has children and grandchildren and great grandchildren active in the church and some on missions!

Well she said that 50 years ago 2 young missionaries knocked on her door. She was home alone so they wouldn't go in but they left "a book" and she invited them back that Saturday. They came back and took and her husband to church the next day. After that they decided they weren't that interested anymore.

One thing she said though was how vividly she remembered the one missionary that she met just a couple of times who planted the seed. 6 months later she one day felt like she wanted to go back to "that one church we went to once". Her husband could hardly remember but the very next day at the park 2 mormon missionaries came to her and shared the gospel w/ her. She still remembered the 1st one and asked about him, they said he had finished and went home but that he didn't baptise one person his whole mission.
A few weeks later she was baptised and always remembered that 1st missionary who offered her the gospel.

50 years later here she is in SLC serving a mission. One night she had tickets to a show and decided not to go because she was so tired but over and over the spirit prompted her to go to this show. So she went! She got there and walked in and saw a big man standing there. He had a name tag on, she recognized it. It was the missionary who offered her the gospel so long ago! It was the missionary who probably went home thinking he was a failure at some moments. Having no idea the influence he had in this woman's life.

She asked him questions and made sure it was him, She told him she knew he didn't baptise anyone but she needed him to know that it was because of the seed he planted that she is where she is today. She said he just cried and cried and took her to meet his wife and family. Ah!! When she shared that story I just was so overwhelmed with the best most peaceful feeling (spirit). The story showed just how perfectly Gods plan works out. How much he loves HIs children and how real His influence is. How real He is.

Also that my purpose as a missionary is to invite and not only my purpose but every members purpose! To invite others to come unto Christ. The invitation plants the seed! I have such a testimony of this knowing that no matter what, as long as we are doing the right things (commandments) God will place us in the right place @ the right time saying the right thing. Placing people in our lives to help us or for us to help them. Its no coincidence that Sister CR ran into that one missionary 50 years later, it was all in God's plan! And happened at that time for a divine purpose.

Well thats all for this one. I just want to say that I know this is Christ's church on the earth. I know because I've experienced the happiness that comes from living it. I've felt Gods love over and over again and I see lives change everyday because of it. The gospel is true and the Atonement is REAL! God loves us so much no matter what He always promises to illuminate the way before us. He'll never leave us alone!

I love Christmas time as well, always thinking of our Savior and of our loving Father who sent Him to redeem us. How blessed are we?! 

Lyfe is great. S'good. I love you all.

Merry Christmas
Sister Hatch 
76 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South VIC 3152
Australia
(if you're feeling lovey)

Love,
Sister Hatch #1 
#straya
Tassie zone 
Good thing I'm an LDS missionary



Our newest investigator 
Night in Bethlehem 

Cradle Mountain district pday

Just a small road block

Tasmania Christmas Zone conference

No comments:

Post a Comment