Wednesday, October 15, 2014

10.12.14 launie love 

Hey family and everyone I love!
  
This week has been such a good one, although sad at the beginning,
saying goodbye to all the missionaries that raised me....It turned out
to be a great start to a new beginning! I was with Phebe Woodward from
Tamar ward until Monday waiting for my new companion to come down. It
was so fun to be with Phebe and have her as my companion, a good start
into training. But Phebe is awesome and is planning on a mission
herself, I reckon she will be the best missionary! Anyway we saw a lot
of people and got a lot done. And I got to stay with the awesome
Woodward fam!
    
Sister Gilbert (from Dallas Texas) arrived on Oct 9th in the Launie airport! We got
her some Maccas (McDonalds) and went straight into the work. We had a couple
appointments that day so we didn't get home until about 8 for her to
unpack and everything. We get along well, she is really fun and loves
the work, that's what makes a good golden. :) She is still jetlag but
that will pass in a week or so.
      
She came on a pretty crazy week! On Friday we went to the
funeral of a 25 year old girl that lived in Tamar ward. She had
cancer. The funeral was beautiful, it really focused on celebrating
her life rather than mourning her passing. That is what is really cool
about  LDS funerals is the hope that comes from them. There are a lot
of non member people here and they all admire the happiness that comes
in such a sad setting. The plan of salvation is our hope! The
atonement is the way. We are so blessed to have this gospel I'd say.
Later that day we saw a less active lady called Rebecca. She is really
sweet. She was baptized a few years ago and married a nonmember and
doesn't often come to church. But we had a good lesson and we invited
her to come to general conference! She came!!! It was so cool to see
her there. Later Friday night we went to the Challis' for tea. They
are the best people in the whole world!! They kinda remind me of
Andrew's parents, different but similar in some ways. They are so
wonderful!
    
Saturday we went to general conference at the chapel, it was so
funny because there were probably 10 people that showed up for it.
Nobody comes to conf at the chapel here! But man the Saturday sessions
were so good. I loved them!! I loved the one about sacrament, I have
really come to realize how important the sacrament is, I never knew
before. And also President Utchdorf's talk, it spoke to me. I loved
it! Conference just has such a new level of meaning when you're on a
mission, I couldnt get enough of it! I filled half my journal this
weekend with notes.
    
That day we took Maddi out and went to see N an
investigator. She is just amazing!! We have really good talks with her
and she tells us often that she knows God sent us to her at this time
because she needs us!  We invited her to conference,
she was hesitant but felt the confidence we had in her (that the Lord
has in her) and said she would come!
    
The next day just 30 minutes before it started she texted us and
said she needs more time and would rather not go this week. Then I
called and talked to her and she said that it helped to hear me to get
a little more encouragement and decided to come. She said that she
believes us, and we told her that we knew conference would help her.
And it did! She LOVED it. It was a miracle. We will hopefully move
forward with her this week.
    
We also had two other girls come to conference as well, it was
awesome! We had the best week. And we got to be with Grandpa Jack a
lot be cause he is always at the chapel. He got us fish n chips the
first day of conf and then took us to his house for sandwiches the
second day. He is the best!! The elders came too. they both speak
Chinese and Elder Chen's golden didn't even go to the MTC! Crazy
right, haha so pray for them.
    
It has been fun to do golden study again, but being the trainer
not the golden is the weirdest part! I love It though. We are doin
well out here, I love my mission! Also I wanted to say how powerful
conference was this week, wow! The talks were inspired, I know that
those things are what God needs us to here and apply at this time in
our lives. Especially to gain a strong solid testimony of the prophet
Joseph Smith. SO I challenge all of ou to do that. Read Moroni's
promise in Moroni 10:3-5 and gain your own solid testimony! Why??
(Helaman 5:12) because satan is real and is powerful, if we aren't
strong and solid on the foundation of faith we will fall. These are
the last days people! We have to prepare. Be like captain Moroni,
prepare yourselves with breastplates and helmets and a sword. we do
this by reading the word of God, applying it and praying to gain a
relationship with God and to experience the atonement. DO THIS. and
you will not fall.
 
I love you all. Write to me plz. :)
Sister Hatch
Sister Hatch's temporary companion Phebe Woodward







Sushi making with Lisa King


Saying goodbye to family


Sister Hatch's new golden, Sister Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment