Sunday, January 11, 2015

ya gday mate how you goin 


Another fantastic transfer week with the Launie outlaws, I've learned so much this week. District meeting was in Del city and we got to meet all the missionaries and we had a really good meeting!  The spirit was so intense and made for a really cool experience.  We talked a lot about why we are here and becoming more devoted missionaries.  As I've been here I've learnt that most of all the gospel is about love.  The 1st and great commandment is to love God & 2nd to love our neighbors.  My dedication to missionary work completely depends on how much I love the Savior.  If I understand all the He did for me, then I will want to show him all the love possible. The way we show love is by serving him by helping our brothers and sisters find happiness that knowing our Savior brings. Not only that but the peace that the Plan of Salvation brings.  In District Meeting, my testimony of the "happy plan" grew 100x!  The times when I feel my testimony growing most is when I hear the testimonies of the people I look up to and care about. In that meeting, one missionary shared an experience and testimony that completely changed my perspective.  He opened my eyes to light and hope in the plan of salvation.  I know that I am not only here to help others be with their families forever but help my own now and in the future.  Families really can be forever through God's perfect plan.

We have also had some really cool member missionary experiences this week!  We met Bal Kumar (investigator) last week and set a date for baptism with him!  He in Nepalese and speaks little English.  He is 12.  He is really sweet and excited to learn.  We brought him to church and Brother T (member) saw him.  Everyone is a teacher here and Brother T had taught Bal Kumar the year before!  Brother T has children his age and has been fellowshipping him!  Him and his two older boys (J and B) come and take him to play soccer etc.  They are awesome.  They are so excited about it, just having them in the work with us gets them a whole new perspective and excitement to share the restored gospel.  The members here are all AMAZING.   I am so lucky to be serving here. :) I love it!  

Although the work is hard and I am tired all the time, I am the happiest I have ever been.  My scripture for the week: Omni 1:26 (And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy one of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption.  Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.)  Love you all heaps!

Love from Tas XXX
Sister Hatch

Ah...this week the Pacific Area President, Elder Pearson, is coming to our mission.  We will be having a special conference with him here in Tas on Wed.  We will be going down to Hobart!  It will be good. :) Buh bye.




No comments:

Post a Comment